Wayne's advice to younger people interested in screen career was ather simple: “Go to school, learn to handle liquor, mix with people, get into trouble, work in lots of different jobs, and always remember reactions to things and people. That's the best equipment in front of the camera.”
With more online movie sites, it might seem like women have more chances to get into film criticism. But a study released Friday by San Diego State professor Martha Lauzen finds that among top critics, fewer films were reviewed by women in spring 2013 than in fall 2007.
Cannes Film Fest 2013–Fabio Grassadonia and Antonio Piazza’s “Salvo” topped the Cannes Film Festival’s 52nd Critics’ Week, taking its Grand Prix and the France 4 Revelation Prize.
A nasty, hyperviolent thriller set around Bangkok’s seedy brothels and boxing rings, the film was booed at its press screening, countered by some defiant shouts of “Bravo!” and scattered applause.
- Cannes 2013: Most Popular Films Ever
- Nicole Kidman: Jury Member in 2013 Cannes Fest
- Anchorman 2 Teaser
- Fast & Furious 6: London, Glasgow, Liverpool
- Fast & Furious 6: Vehicular Warfare:
- Fast && Furious 6: Stunts
- Fast & Furious 6: The Newcomers
- Fast & Furious 6: Family Reunion
- Cannes 2013: Gunshots Heard; Christoph Waltz Rushed Off Stage
- Cannes 2013: Weinstein Presents Oscar Hopefuls
- Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy–Talk of Cannes Film Fest
- Cannes Fest 2013: Jerry Lewis Double Bill