The multi-nuanced performance of Oscar Isaac, who carries the entire film on his shoulders, should get a Best Actor nomination. In physical appearance, vocal range (he performs his own songs) and demeanor, Isaac is so right for the flawed (anti)hero, that it’s hard to imagine the saga with him.
Going out of its way to up the ante of the previous chapter, “Fast Five,” “Fast & Furious 6,” also directed by Justin Lin, offers the basic good expected of this flick, but no more. One feels a sense of eagerness (perhaps desperation) to match the fast-paced action, the high adrenaline, the preposterously glorious set-pieces [...]
Cannes Film Fest, May 15, 2013–More people have been talking about Angelina Jolie’s bold move of double mastectomy than about any movie in the Cannes Film Fest, including Great Gatsby whose premiere, as opening night showing, received lukewarm response along the Croisette.
- Bling Ring, The
- Before Midnight: Hawke and Delpie at Mid-Age
- Stories We Tell
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann’s Jazzy Spectacle
- Star Trek into Darkness: Solid Sequel
- Love Is All You Need: From Denmark Via Italy
- Kiss of the Damned: Oversexed Vampires
- Murphy’s Romance (1986): James Garner’s Only Oscar Nomination
- Durbin, Deanna: Child Star Dies at 1941
- Iron Man 3
- Iron Man 3