Argo: 2012 Fall Previews
Based on true events, the dramatic thriller “Argo” is the third feature of the gifted director and actor Ben Affleck.
The tale chronicles the life-or-death covert operation to rescue six Americans, which unfolded behind the scenes of the Iran hostage crisis—the truth of which was unknown by the public for decades.
On November 4, 1979, as the Iranian revolution reaches its boiling point, militants storm the U.S. embassy in Tehran, taking 52 Americans hostage. But, in the midst of the chaos, six Americans manage to slip away and find refuge in the home of the Canadian ambassador.
Knowing it is only a matter of time before the six are found out and likely killed, a CIA “exfiltration” specialist named Tony Mendez (Ben Affleck) devises a risky plan to get them safely out of the country.
His plan so incredible and challenging, that at first it seems it could only happen in the movies.
Director: Ben Affleck
Writer: Screenplay by Chris Terrio
Based on a selection from The Master in Disguise by Antonio J. Mendez and
the Wired Magazine article “The Great Escape” by Joshuah Bearman
Producers: Grant Heslov, Ben Affleck, George Clooney
Executive Producers: David Klawans, Nina Wolarsky, Chris Brigham, Chay Carter, Graham King, Tim Headington
Ben Affleck, Bryan Cranston, Alan Arkin, John Goodman, Victor Garber, Tate Donovan, Clea DuVall, Scoot McNairy, Rory Cochrane, Christopher Denham, Kerry Bishé, Kyle Chandler, Chris Messina
Leave a Reply
- Box-Office, June 14-16, 2013
- Danny Kaye Centennial: Paramount iTunes Celebration
- Purge: Design and Location
- Purge: Casting the Thriller
- Purge: Making of Provocative Thriller
- Man of Steel: Fishburne, Harry Lennix
- Man of Steel: Cavill’s Physical Training
- Man of Steel: The Music
- Man of Steel: Costume Design
- Man of Steel: Creating Imaginary World
- Man of Steel: Kevin Costner, Russell Crowe, Amy Adams
- Man of Steel: Henry Cavill as Superman