Michael Moore Urges New Theatrical Distribution for Docus
February 21, 2008–Michael Moore, Oscar nominee for his Cannes-premiered docu “Sicko,” appealed to the members of the documentary community on Wednesday night in Los Angeles, laying out a plan to create a new theatrical distribution outlet for non-fiction cinema.
On stage at the Academy of Motion Picture Art and Sciences Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills, Moore rallied attendees at the annual International Documentary Association (IDA) celebration for feature and short film doc Oscar nominees. “We have to correct this situation with documentary films,” Moore said of the challenges that have recently faced theatrically distributed documentaries. “This cannot go on any longer.”
related article 1: Sicko.
related article 2: Roger and Me.
Leave a Reply
- Nebraska: From Alexander Payne
- Behind he Candelabra: Liberace Biopic
- Hangover Part III
- Blood Ties
- Inside Llewyn Davis: Top Coens, Cannes Highlight
- Jimmy P. (Psychotherapy of Plains Indian)
- Fast & Furious 6: Thrilling Joyride
- Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy–Talk of Cannes Film Fest
- Bling Ring, The
- Before Midnight: Hawke and Delpie at Mid-Age
- Stories We Tell
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann’s Jazzy Spectacle