Mustafa: Tale of Founder of Modern Turkey Is Smash Hit
Nov 6, 2008–Mustafa, a film about the founder of modern Turkey, has grossed over 2 million Turkish Lira (1.05 million euros) with 469,508 tickets sold in its first week.
Word of the mouth has kept the film in the top spot. The box office of numbers may reach new heights, if parents overcome uneasiness over coverage of national hero's drinking and smoking habits. Reports had teary-eyed parents and their children viewing the film.
Death Race and Saw V were in second and third spots, (with 650m00 totals on their third week), followed by three Turkish Films: Eclipse of Love (138,000), The Cars of Revolution (79,000) and Nuri Bilge Ceylan's Palme d'Or 2008 winner Three Monkeys (79,000).
Conscience of Erden Kiral starring Nilgun Yesilcay, winner of the best actress award at the Golden Orange Film Festival, increased it total admissions to 136,000.
related article 1: Turks & Caicos Film Fest 2007: Awards and Films.
related article 2: Climates (Iklimer).
Leave a Reply
- Nebraska: From Alexander Payne
- Behind he Candelabra: Liberace Biopic
- Hangover Part III
- Blood Ties
- Inside Llewyn Davis: Top Coens, Cannes Highlight
- Jimmy P. (Psychotherapy of Plains Indian)
- Fast & Furious 6: Thrilling Joyride
- Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy–Talk of Cannes Film Fest
- Bling Ring, The
- Before Midnight: Hawke and Delpie at Mid-Age
- Stories We Tell
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann’s Jazzy Spectacle