Myth of the Amrican Sleepover, The: Cannes Film Fest 2010 Previews
First-time writer-director David Robert Mitchell's "The Myth of the American Sleepover" offers an intriguing portrait of summertime adolescence and the search for human connections.
"The Myth of the American Sleepover" will receive its international premiere at 2010 the Cannes Film Fest, in the prestigious Critics Week series.
The story follows four young people on the last night of summer, their final night of freedom before the new school year starts. The teenagers cross paths as they explore the suburban wonderland they inhabit in search of love and adventure, chasing first kisses, elusive crushes, popularity and parties. While looking for the iconic teenage experience, they discover the quiet moments that will later become a part of their youth they look back on with nostalgia. Inspired by Mitchell's experience growing up in Michigan, the kids in this poignant and tender coming-of-age drama may be lost, a little confused and full of angst, but ultimately the kids are alright in this life-affirming, truthful and fresh take on the teen genre.
Starring a cast of young attractive newcomers in their feature film debut and produced by Adele Romanski ("The Freebie"), "The Myth of the American Sleepover" is having its international premiere in the International Critics' Week section, the first American film in five years to be selected for this honor.
"The Myth of the American Sleepover" had its U.S. premiere in March at the SXSW Film Festival and Conference, where it received a special jury prize for Best Ensemble Cast.
Leave a Reply
- Box-Office, June 14-16, 2013
- Danny Kaye Centennial: Paramount iTunes Celebration
- Purge: Design and Location
- Purge: Casting the Thriller
- Purge: Making of Provocative Thriller
- Man of Steel: Fishburne, Harry Lennix
- Man of Steel: Cavill’s Physical Training
- Man of Steel: The Music
- Man of Steel: Costume Design
- Man of Steel: Creating Imaginary World
- Man of Steel: Kevin Costner, Russell Crowe, Amy Adams
- Man of Steel: Henry Cavill as Superman