Milan Film Fest 2009
MILAN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
For the first time since the Academy Awards format was bourne in 1929 at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, and the first Film Festival was held in Venice, Italy in 1932, a new format will be unveiled and implemented by the Milan International Film Festival (MIFF) at its ninth annual 2009 international cinema exhibition set for May 4-12, 2009 in Milan, Italy.
MIFF, in its new invention of a unique awards program based on Classic AMPAS(Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences) rules with the added flare of a Film Festival program, will allow new, not-yet-released films into competition with
nominations. This revolutionary format is designed to best promote indie films
through the prestige of the Milanese Oscar statuette, Leonardo¬ís Horse.
A formal announcement of the overall plans for MIFF 2009 will be presented by founder and director of the festival, Andrea Galante, who will be accompanied by the top Italian representative of Culture in Los Angeles, IIC director, Francesca Valente, and coordinator of all eight Italian Culture Institutes in the United States.
“We want our films to be sold and distributed. With this in mind, I began thinking in reverse–from the goal of releasing a film to understand the necessary steps,” Galante said, adding it¬ís the only way to educate audiences. ¬ìWe¬íll place the Award Ceremony at the beginning of the festival, give audiences good films ¬ëworthy of
viewing¬í in the beginning, and then let them decide in addition to our Jury who¬íll
become the winner–eventually, country by country.”
Anna Kalbhenn, Director of International Relations for MIFF, adds, “At Cannes, the Grand Jury Prize is announced, so in Milan we¬íll find the Grand Audience Winners Award, which will be revealed on the final day.”
Leave a Reply
- Human Rights Film Fest 2013: Full PProgram
- Provincetown Film Fest 2013: Complete Program
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: LÁtelier
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Rich Program of Classics and Restoration
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: New Selections Add to Geographic Spread
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Jury of Main Competition
- Streisand Honored by Film Society of Lincoln Center
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Program Dominated by American Directors
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Sofia Coppola's Bling Ring Opens Certain Regard
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Thomas Vinterberg, President Certain Regard Jury
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Zulu is Closing Night
- Tribeca Film Fest 2013: Program, Panels