28th Amendment, The: Directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck
March 4, 2009–Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck will direct Warner's drama “The 28th Amendment,” with Tom Cruise as possible star. The German helmer hasn't directed a film since his 2006 picture “The Lives of Others” won the foreign-language film Oscar.
The filmmaker is in talks with the studio to make the movie with Cruise. “Star Trek” scribes Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, the duo that originated the project as a spec in 1999, are rewriting the script. The drama revolves around a U.S. president who discovers the existence of a secret cabal that runs the government and wants him dead.
Leave a Reply
- Hollywood Foreign Press 2013: New Administration
- Box-Office: Weekend of June 7-9, 2013
- Blue Jasmine: Woody Allen’s Latest
- Dom Hemingway: Jude Law Crimer to Fox Searchlight
- Monuments Men: Starring Clooney and Damon
- Haynes’ New Film Carol Stars Cate Blanchett
- Cannes Fest 2013: Angelina Jolie’s Mastectomy Talk of Town
- Malick’s Knight of Cups
- Provincetown Film Fest 2013: Complete Program
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: New Selections Add to Geographic Spread
- Johnny Depp in Disney Musical
- Reese Witherspoon and Husband Agent Arrested–Variety Reports