Cruise May Star in Fourth Chapter of Mission Impossible
May 6, 2008–Viacom's heads Sumner Redstone said he had no objection to Tom Cruise starring in the next installment of the “Mission Impossible” franchise, despite cutting his relationship with the actor in 2006.
Redstone ended a 14-year relationship with Cruise and producing partner Paula Wagner in August 2006, ending their lucrative deal to develop projects for the studio.
Despite the severed relationship, Cruise is in talks with Paramount to star in a fourth “Mission: Impossible” chapter. “I consider Tom Cruise a great actor and a good friend,” Redstone said. “And if Paramount decides and they will make the decision to move ahead with him, I will not object.”
When Redstone cut the relationship with Cruise he cited the actor's “recent conduct.” Their split came after Cruise jumped on a couch while he was a guest on Oprah Winfrey's TV show and had a tussle with “Today” show host Matt Lauer over antidepressant drugs.
Leave a Reply
- Cannes Fest 2013: Angelina Jolie’s Mastectomy Talk of Town
- Malick’s Knight of Cups
- Provincetown Film Fest 2013: Complete Program
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: New Selections Add to Geographic Spread
- Johnny Depp in Disney Musical
- Reese Witherspoon and Husband Agent Arrested–Variety Reports
- L.A. Film Fest 2013: David O. Russell Guest Director
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann's Dazzling 3D Montage
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Jane Campion to Receive Director's Award
- Griffiths, Richard: British Actor Dies at 65
- Academy of Motion Picture 2013: New Scholarships
- Muscle Shoals: Music Docu