Gene Kelly: Centennial Celebrations
The 100th anniversary of Gene Kelly’s birth will be celebrated by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) with various events this month, each hosted by Kelly’s widow, film historian Patricia Ward Kelly.
“A Centennial Tribute to Gene Kelly,” set for 7:30 p.m. May 17 at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills, will showcase Kelly’s onscreen and later directorial efforts. “Gene Kelly: Choreography and the Camera,” scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
May 18 at the Linwood Dunn Theater in Hollywood and presented by the Academy’s Science and Technology Council, will take a more in-depth look at how Kelly’s contributions helped change the look of dance on film.
Tickets are $5 for each event for the general public, $3 for academy members and students
Leave a Reply
- Cannes Fest 2013: Angelina Jolie’s Mastectomy Talk of Town
- Malick’s Knight of Cups
- Provincetown Film Fest 2013: Complete Program
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: New Selections Add to Geographic Spread
- Johnny Depp in Disney Musical
- Reese Witherspoon and Husband Agent Arrested–Variety Reports
- L.A. Film Fest 2013: David O. Russell Guest Director
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann's Dazzling 3D Montage
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Jane Campion to Receive Director's Award
- Griffiths, Richard: British Actor Dies at 65
- Academy of Motion Picture 2013: New Scholarships
- Muscle Shoals: Music Docu