Marlon Wayans to Star in Actioner G.I. Joe
January 6, 2008–Marlon Wayans will star in the actioner “G.I. Joe,” as Ripcord, leader of the military unit. Paramount will release the film on August 7, 2009.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in negotiations to join the movie that's based on the American soldier action figure created by Hasbro.
The war-themed story is set ten years in the future. Stuart Beattie penned the screenplay, while Paul Lovett & David Elliot and Skip Woods did earlier drafts.
Stephen Sommers' film will start shooting next month in Los Angeles. Rachel Nichols, Sienna Miller, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and Said Taghmaoui also are in the cast.
Lorenzo di Bonaventura, who produced Hasbro-based hit “Transformers,” is producing “G.I. Joe” alongside the toy giant's Brian Goldner. Sommers and partner Bob Ducsay also will serve as producers.
Wayans, who starred in “Little Man” and “The Ladykillers,” is developing a cop action spoof for Par alongside brothers Shawn and Keenen Ivory Wayans.
Leave a Reply
- Cannes Fest 2013: Angelina Jolie’s Mastectomy Talk of Town
- Malick’s Knight of Cups
- Provincetown Film Fest 2013: Complete Program
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: New Selections Add to Geographic Spread
- Johnny Depp in Disney Musical
- Reese Witherspoon and Husband Agent Arrested–Variety Reports
- L.A. Film Fest 2013: David O. Russell Guest Director
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann's Dazzling 3D Montage
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Jane Campion to Receive Director's Award
- Griffiths, Richard: British Actor Dies at 65
- Academy of Motion Picture 2013: New Scholarships
- Muscle Shoals: Music Docu