Marvel Productions: All in Los Angeles
Oct 7, 2008–As part of a long-term deal, “Iron Man 2,” “Thor,” “The First Avenger: Captain America” and “The Avengers” will shoot at Raleigh. The productions will take place over the next three years.
The pact makes Marvel the largest tenant on the Raleigh Manhattan Beach Studios lot, which consists of 14 soundstages and 300,000 square feet of office and support space.
Raleigh also owns Hollywood Rentals. The two have operations in Hollywood and Playa Vista; Baton Rouge, La.; Charlotte, N.C.; Orlando, Fla.; and Budapest.
The new deal keeps Marvel's pictures in Los Angeles, which has been hit hard by runaway production. Louis D'Esposito, Marvel's prexy of physical production, said Raleigh had been “incredibly accommodating in terms of financial structures” that allowed the company to stay local.
Leave a Reply
- Cannes Fest 2013: Angelina Jolie’s Mastectomy Talk of Town
- Malick’s Knight of Cups
- Provincetown Film Fest 2013: Complete Program
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: New Selections Add to Geographic Spread
- Johnny Depp in Disney Musical
- Reese Witherspoon and Husband Agent Arrested–Variety Reports
- L.A. Film Fest 2013: David O. Russell Guest Director
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann's Dazzling 3D Montage
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Jane Campion to Receive Director's Award
- Griffiths, Richard: British Actor Dies at 65
- Academy of Motion Picture 2013: New Scholarships
- Muscle Shoals: Music Docu