Master Harold and the Boys: Athol Fogard's Apartheid Play Becomes a Movie
May 17, 2008–Danny Glover will reprise his stage role in the big-screen adaptation of Athol Fugard's apartheid play “Master Harold and the Boys.” The film will be directed by Lonny Price, who directed Glover in the recent Broadway revival and played opposite him in the stage production 20 years ago.
The title role will be played by Thomas Sangster, the actor who'll play the title role in the Steven Spielberg-directed “Tintin.”
The U.K./South Africa co-production will begin production on July 10 in Durban, South Africa.
London-based Focus Films put the film together, with Focus' David Pupkewitz and Malcolm Kohll producing along with Nelle Nugent. Laurette Marais co-produces.
Leave a Reply
- Hollywood Foreign Press 2013: New Administration
- Box-Office: Weekend of June 7-9, 2013
- Blue Jasmine: Woody Allen’s Latest
- Dom Hemingway: Jude Law Crimer to Fox Searchlight
- Monuments Men: Starring Clooney and Damon
- Haynes’ New Film Carol Stars Cate Blanchett
- Cannes Fest 2013: Angelina Jolie’s Mastectomy Talk of Town
- Malick’s Knight of Cups
- Provincetown Film Fest 2013: Complete Program
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: New Selections Add to Geographic Spread
- Johnny Depp in Disney Musical
- Reese Witherspoon and Husband Agent Arrested–Variety Reports