Megas, The: Graphic Novel to be Made Jonathan Mostow
February 27, 2008–Jonathan Mostow will partner with Virgin Comics to develop a feature from “The Megas,” a graphic novel published by Virgin based on Mostow's idea. The graphic novel, scripted by John Harrison and drawn by Peter Rubin, centers on an America that has a ruling class called the Megas for whom there is a special set of laws. A detective who believes in the monarchy rethinks his position after investigating a crime that reveals truths about the elite.
It's unclear whether Mostow will write the script or direct the feature adaptation; he and Virgin Comics Gotham Chopra and CEO Sharad Devarajan will begin shopping the project shortly.
Mostow, who directed “Terminator 3,” begins production in eight weeks on Bruce Willis starrer “Surrogates” for Disney.
The graphic novel is the latest title in the Director's Cut series, with previous installments involving John Woo, Nicolas and Weston Cage and Guy Ritchie.
Leave a Reply
- Cannes Fest 2013: Angelina Jolie’s Mastectomy Talk of Town
- Malick’s Knight of Cups
- Provincetown Film Fest 2013: Complete Program
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: New Selections Add to Geographic Spread
- Johnny Depp in Disney Musical
- Reese Witherspoon and Husband Agent Arrested–Variety Reports
- L.A. Film Fest 2013: David O. Russell Guest Director
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann's Dazzling 3D Montage
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Jane Campion to Receive Director's Award
- Griffiths, Richard: British Actor Dies at 65
- Academy of Motion Picture 2013: New Scholarships
- Muscle Shoals: Music Docu