Meryl Streep Stars in Nancy Meyers' New Romantic Comedy
August 7, 2008–Meryl Streep will play the lead in Nancy Meyers' as yet-untitled romantic comedy as Universal.
Meyers is producing with Scott Rudin the film, which will begin production in February.
Streep will play the female in a triangle with two men. The director, who made “Something's Gotta Give” and “The Holiday” for Columbia has set her next film at Universal.
This will be Streep's fourth film with Rudin since “The Hours,” in 2002. She next stars with Philip Seymour Hoffman and Amy Adams in John Patrick Shanley's “Doubt,” which Miramax opens December 12, and will play Julia Child in Nora Ephron's “Julie and Julia,” which Columbia will release in 2009.
Streep is voicing a role in Fox's “The Fantastic Mr. Fox,” a stop-motion animation adaptation of Roald Dahl's novel.
related article 1: Mamma Mia!.
related article 2: Holiday with Nancy Meyers.
related article 3: Hours, The: Stephen Daldry.
Leave a Reply
- Only God Forgives: Interview with Nicolas Winding Refn
- Bling Ring: Interview with Sofia Coppola
- Before Midnight: Interview with Linklater
- Hangover Part 3: Interview with Director Phillips
- Reluctant Fundamentalist: Indian Director’s Film about Pakistani Man
- Oblivion: Interview with Creator Kosinski
- Place Beyond the Pines: Interview With Director Derek Cianfrance
- Host: Interview with Director Andrew Niccol
- Host: Interview with Writer Stephenie Meyer
- 42: Interview with Writer-Director Brian Helgeland
- Olympus Has Fallen: Interview with Director Fuqua
- Deep, The: Interview with Baltasar Kormakur