Michelle Williams, Bryce Dalls Howard and Evan Rachel Wood to tar in Bronte Biopic
May 17, 2007–Michelle Williams, Bryce Dallas Howard and Evan Rachel Wood will star in “Bronte,” a biopic written and to be directed by Charles Sturridge. His screenplay is based on an original script by Angela Workman.
Icon Entertainment Intl. has picked up foreign sales for “Bronte,” with ICM representing the project in North America. Alastair Maclean-Clark and Basil Stephens of AMC Pictures are producing.
The Bronte sisters and their brother Branwell grew up in isolation on the Yorkshire moors and went on to write some of the most enduring novels in the canon of English literature — Charlotte's “Jane Eyre,” Emily's “Wuthering Heights” and Anne's “The Tenant of Wildfell Hall.”
As children, they created epic fantasy worlds to entertain themselves, led by the charismatic Branwell, but when he descended into alcohol and opium abuse, the sisters had to find their own way in a world dominated by strict patriarchal conventions. This initially forced them to disguise their identities by publishing under male pseudonyms.
Leave a Reply
- Cannes Fest 2013: Angelina Jolie’s Mastectomy Talk of Town
- Malick’s Knight of Cups
- Provincetown Film Fest 2013: Complete Program
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: New Selections Add to Geographic Spread
- Johnny Depp in Disney Musical
- Reese Witherspoon and Husband Agent Arrested–Variety Reports
- L.A. Film Fest 2013: David O. Russell Guest Director
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann's Dazzling 3D Montage
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Jane Campion to Receive Director's Award
- Griffiths, Richard: British Actor Dies at 65
- Academy of Motion Picture 2013: New Scholarships
- Muscle Shoals: Music Docu