Michelle Williams Joins Cast of Scorsese's Shutter Island
December 6, 2007–Michelle Williams joins the cast of “Shutter Island,” playing the wife of U.S. marshal Teddy Daniels (Leonardo DiCaprio) in Scorsese's drama for Paramount.
Williams joins DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo and Ben Kingsley in the adaptation of the bestselling novel by Dennis Lehane. Laeta Kalogridis wrote the script, and Mike Medavoy, Arnold Messer, Brad Fischer and Scorsese are producing.
The drama revolves around the trip made by Daniels to a remote New England island in 1954 to figure out how a multiple murderess escaped from a hospital for the criminally insane. He is grieving over the recent death of his wife, who was killed in a fire by one of the inhabitants of the facility.
Williams can be seen in Todd Haynes' Bob Dylan biopic “I'm Not There.” She will next be seen starring with Ewan McGregor and Hugh Jackman in Marcel Langenegger's “The Tourist” and Charlie Kaufman's “Synedoche, N.Y.”
She will shoot “Shutter Island” while working on Lukas Moodysson's “Mammoth,” opposite Gael Garcia Bernal.
Leave a Reply
- Hollywood Foreign Press 2013: New Administration
- Box-Office: Weekend of June 7-9, 2013
- Blue Jasmine: Woody Allen’s Latest
- Dom Hemingway: Jude Law Crimer to Fox Searchlight
- Monuments Men: Starring Clooney and Damon
- Haynes’ New Film Carol Stars Cate Blanchett
- Cannes Fest 2013: Angelina Jolie’s Mastectomy Talk of Town
- Malick’s Knight of Cups
- Provincetown Film Fest 2013: Complete Program
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: New Selections Add to Geographic Spread
- Johnny Depp in Disney Musical
- Reese Witherspoon and Husband Agent Arrested–Variety Reports