Mike Myers Comedy to be Directed by Schnabel for Paramount
March 28, 2007–Mike Myers and Paramount have asked Marco Schnabel to direct Myers in his return to the bigscreen as the advice-dispensing Indian Guru Pitka. Myers co-wrote the script, about an eccentric guru whose specialty is solving couples' romantic troubles, with Graham Gordy.
Schnabel, a protege of “Austin Powers” director Jay Roach, was the second unit director on “Austin Powers in Goldmember,” the last installment in the franchise as well as crew member on the first two segments. Mike De Luca will produce through his Mike De Luca Prods.
Myers voices the lead in the “Shrek” movies, including this summer's “Shrek the 3rd,” which goes to Cannes Fest, but his last appearance onscreen was in “The Cat in the Hat,” released in 2003.
Myers has been practicing the character of Pitka through a series of stages shows in NY, appearing in white robe and with a fake nose and beard.
Leave a Reply
- Cannes Fest 2013: Angelina Jolie’s Mastectomy Talk of Town
- Malick’s Knight of Cups
- Provincetown Film Fest 2013: Complete Program
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: New Selections Add to Geographic Spread
- Johnny Depp in Disney Musical
- Reese Witherspoon and Husband Agent Arrested–Variety Reports
- L.A. Film Fest 2013: David O. Russell Guest Director
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann's Dazzling 3D Montage
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Jane Campion to Receive Director's Award
- Griffiths, Richard: British Actor Dies at 65
- Academy of Motion Picture 2013: New Scholarships
- Muscle Shoals: Music Docu