Mike Newell to Direct Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Live-Action Feature based on Videogame
November 8, 2007–Disney and producer Jerry Bruckheimer have asked Mike Newell to direct “Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time,” a live-action feature based on the videogame.
Newell helmed the franchise entry, “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.” The vidgame has spawned six installments and several spinoffs, prompting hopes that the project will have tentpole potential.
“Prince of Persia” has a script by Jeffrey Nachmanoff (“The Day After Tomorrow”) and vidgame creator Jordan Mechner.
Disney topper Oren Aviv will put as many as seven films in production between now and March. But he decided not to race to get “Prince of Persia” into production until labor issues are resolved.
Newell most recently helmed “Love in the Time of Cholera.”
related article 1: Love in the Time of Cholera.
Leave a Reply
- Jimmy P. (Psychotherapy of Plains Indian)
- Fast & Furious 6: Thrilling Joyride
- Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy–Talk of Cannes Film Fest
- Bling Ring, The
- Before Midnight: Hawke and Delpie at Mid-Age
- Stories We Tell
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann’s Jazzy Spectacle
- Star Trek into Darkness: Solid Sequel
- Love Is All You Need: From Denmark Via Italy
- Kiss of the Damned: Oversexed Vampires
- Murphy’s Romance (1986): James Garner’s Only Oscar Nomination