Milius to Write Korean War Film The Chosen Few
Oct 19, 2006–Writer-director John Milius will write the Korean War picture “The Chosen Few” for Todd Wagner and Mark Cuban's 2929 Entertainment. Script will be based on Defense Department analyst Julie Precious' story “Task Force Faith,” which recounts the Chosin Reservoir Battle.
During the battle, a group of 2,500 undertrained and ill-equipped U.S. Army soldiers, along with 15,000 Marines, fought back against the surprise attack of more than 100,000 Chinese troops. After several days of fighting in subzero temperatures, the efforts of the soldiers allowed the Marines to battle their way out.
“For many years, these U.S. Army troops were thought to have 'cut and run' and were shunned for cowardice, while the Marine troops received a Presidential Unit Citation, but over the years, a group of survivors and historians fought to shed a light on what really happened during this battle,” Wagner said.
“Chosen Few” is a passion project for Wagner, who will produce with 2929 prexy Marc Butan and Kent Kubena. Precious, an Army veteran and former Korean analyst, will be an associate producer.
Milius' writing credits include “Apocalypse Now,” “Clear and Present Danger,” “The Wind and the Lion” and “Big Wednesday.” He directed the two latter pics.
Leave a Reply
- Cannes Fest 2013: Angelina Jolie’s Mastectomy Talk of Town
- Malick’s Knight of Cups
- Provincetown Film Fest 2013: Complete Program
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: New Selections Add to Geographic Spread
- Johnny Depp in Disney Musical
- Reese Witherspoon and Husband Agent Arrested–Variety Reports
- L.A. Film Fest 2013: David O. Russell Guest Director
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann's Dazzling 3D Montage
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Jane Campion to Receive Director's Award
- Griffiths, Richard: British Actor Dies at 65
- Academy of Motion Picture 2013: New Scholarships
- Muscle Shoals: Music Docu