Morgan Freeman to Play Nelson Mandela in Human Factor
June 22, 2007–Morgan Freeman will play former South African President Nelson Mandela in “The Human Factor,” a drama based on the upcoming John Carlin book “The Human Factor: Nelson Mandela and the Game That Changed the World.”
Freeman will produce the Mandela film with his Revelations Entertainment partner Lori McCreary and Mace Neufeld. South African Anthony Peckham (“Don't Say a Word”) wrote the script. The film is set after the fall of apartheid, when South Africa was host to the 1995 Rugby World Cup. Mandela was in his first term as South African president, and he used the event to end decades of mistrust and hatred between whites and blacks.
Freeman and McCreary traveled to South Africa last year to discuss the project with Mandela.
Freeman recently completed starring in Rob Reiner's “The Bucket List” for Warner.
Revelations recently produced “10 Items or Less” and made it the first broadband movie premiere through its online distribution venture ClickStar. The company is in post-production with Lakeshore Entertainment on “Feast of Love,” which stars Freeman and will be distributed by MGM.
Leave a Reply
- Cannes Fest 2013: Angelina Jolie’s Mastectomy Talk of Town
- Malick’s Knight of Cups
- Provincetown Film Fest 2013: Complete Program
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: New Selections Add to Geographic Spread
- Johnny Depp in Disney Musical
- Reese Witherspoon and Husband Agent Arrested–Variety Reports
- L.A. Film Fest 2013: David O. Russell Guest Director
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann's Dazzling 3D Montage
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Jane Campion to Receive Director's Award
- Griffiths, Richard: British Actor Dies at 65
- Academy of Motion Picture 2013: New Scholarships
- Muscle Shoals: Music Docu