My One and Only: Biopic of Hamilton to Star Kevin Bacon
June 20, 2008–Kevin Bacon will star in “My One and Only,” joining Renee Zellweger, Chris Noth, Nick Stahl and Logan Lerman in the film, which director Richard Loncraine has begun shooting in Baltimore.
Charlie Peters wrote the script for the film, which is inspired by George Hamilton's childhood adventures as he and his brother were taken on a road trip by their eccentric and glamorous mom, who drove along the East Coast looking for a rich man to take care of the family. Bacon will play the philandering band leader she tries to leave behind.
The film is being financed by Herrick Entertainment, whose Norton Herrick is producing with Aaron Ryder of Raygun Prods.
“My One and Only” is the first film Herrick has financed. He made his money in construction projects and also co-owns a stable of racehorses. He decided to try film after acquiring Las Vegas rights to “Hairspray” and setting the musical for a short run at the Luxor.
Bacon next stars in Ron Howard's “Frost/Nixon,” opening December 5, and HBO's “Taking Chance.”
Leave a Reply
- Cannes Fest 2013: Angelina Jolie’s Mastectomy Talk of Town
- Malick’s Knight of Cups
- Provincetown Film Fest 2013: Complete Program
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: New Selections Add to Geographic Spread
- Johnny Depp in Disney Musical
- Reese Witherspoon and Husband Agent Arrested–Variety Reports
- L.A. Film Fest 2013: David O. Russell Guest Director
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann's Dazzling 3D Montage
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Jane Campion to Receive Director's Award
- Griffiths, Richard: British Actor Dies at 65
- Academy of Motion Picture 2013: New Scholarships
- Muscle Shoals: Music Docu