Not Fade Away: Center Gala of 2012 NY Film Fest
The Film Society of Lincoln Center announced that David Chase’s Not Fade Away will make its World Premiere on Saturday, October 6 as the Centerpiece Gala selection for the 50th New York Film Festival, which runs September 28-October 14.
Making his feature directing debut, David Chase’s (The Sopranos) coming-of-age movie is set in New Jersey in 1964, where a group of friends are inspired to form their own rock band fronted by a gifted singer-songwriter (tnewcomer John Magaro).
The film captures the era’s conflicting attitudes and ideologies, all set to a dynamic soundtrack produced by the legendary Steven Van Zandt. The film also stars Jack Huston, Will Brill, Bella Heathcote, James Gandolfini, Brad Garrett and Christopher McDonald.
To be released by Paramount Vantage, the film’s roll-out will begin on December 21, 2012.
Rose Kuo, Executive Director, The Film Society of Lincoln Center, said, “It’s a privilege to welcome David Chase to the New York Film Festival with his feature film debut. It is fun, music-infused world created by Chase offers an endearing and complex portrait of a young man’s coming-of-age in the 60s and features terrific work by an ensemble cast of exciting new talent.”
Chase said, “It is a personal film with a backdrop very important to me, a period in American music that was one of the best. To have the film debut at the NYFF exceeds my wildest dreams and the dreams of everyone associated with the movie. So many of my favorite films have been revealed to the public at the NYFF. I’m honored and thrilled.”
The 17-day New York Film Festival highlights the best in world cinema, featuring top films from celebrated filmmakers as well as fresh new talent.
Leave a Reply
- Human Rights Film Fest 2013: Full PProgram
- Provincetown Film Fest 2013: Complete Program
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: LÁtelier
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Rich Program of Classics and Restoration
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: New Selections Add to Geographic Spread
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Jury of Main Competition
- Streisand Honored by Film Society of Lincoln Center
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Program Dominated by American Directors
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Sofia Coppola's Bling Ring Opens Certain Regard
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Thomas Vinterberg, President Certain Regard Jury
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Zulu is Closing Night
- Tribeca Film Fest 2013: Program, Panels