Paranormal Activity 2 is Numero Uno at Box-Office
Paramount's horror sequel, 'Paranormal Activity 2' made an impressive $19 million in 3,216 runs on Friday, October 22.
The picture outperformed all the others by a wide margin, Its closest competitor was Paramount's 3D pic 'Jackass,' which collected about $7.7 million in 3,111 engagements.
Summit's comedy actioner 'Red,' starring Bruce Willis and Helen Mirren, earned about $4.5 million in 3,273 runs.
Clint Eastwood’s 'Hereafter' from Warner occupied the No. 4 position with about $4 million in 1,181 engagements.
Rounding out the top five was Sony picture 'The Social Network,' directed by David Fincher, which earned about $2.275 million in 2,921 runs. Will the movie made 100 million domestically?
It was a toss-up for the No. 6 and 7 positions on Friday between Warner’s rimantic comedy 'Life As We Know It' and Disney's Diane Lane’s starrer, 'Secretariat,' which both earned about $1.9 million.
The No. 8 pic was 'Ben Affleck’s crime drama , ‘The Town,' which earned Warner Bros. about $806,000, while 3D fantasy pic 'Legend of the Guardians' collected about $770,000 in 2,236 runs.
Sony's 'Easy A' took in about $565,000 in 1,632 engagements.
Leave a Reply
- Cannes Fest 2013: Angelina Jolie’s Mastectomy Talk of Town
- Malick’s Knight of Cups
- Provincetown Film Fest 2013: Complete Program
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: New Selections Add to Geographic Spread
- Johnny Depp in Disney Musical
- Reese Witherspoon and Husband Agent Arrested–Variety Reports
- L.A. Film Fest 2013: David O. Russell Guest Director
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann's Dazzling 3D Montage
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Jane Campion to Receive Director's Award
- Griffiths, Richard: British Actor Dies at 65
- Academy of Motion Picture 2013: New Scholarships
- Muscle Shoals: Music Docu
Film reviews and Internet movie reviews by film critic Emanuel Levy. This film review database contains thousands of movie reviews on many different film genres along with profiles of your favorite movie stars and film directors. You can also find movie reviews of independent cinema shown in festivals such as the Sundance Film Festival, foreign film reviews as well as DVD reviews. Movie critic Emanuel Levy is known for his accurate Oscar predictions, so be sure to visit the Oscar News section.