Valley Girl: 1983 High School Romance Remade as a Musical Comedy
July 18, 2008–MGM will do a musical remake of its 1983 romantic comedy “Valley Girl,” with Sean Bailey producing through his Idealogy banner.
The project is based on an idea by Bailey and Idealogy's Matt Smith, who will exec produce. The musical will use the “Romeo and Juliet” story of the original “Valley Girl” and its classic 1980s songs. The 1983 film was directed by Martha Coolidge and starred the young Nicolas Cage.
Bailey recently produced “Gone Baby Gone” for Miramax and is developing a “Tron” sequel, “Sabbatical” and “Hexum and “Liberty” for Disney. He also produced “Project Greenlight,” which aired on HBO and Bravo, and is developing “The Unlimited,” a pilot for ABC.
Leave a Reply
- Cannes Fest 2013: Angelina Jolie’s Mastectomy Talk of Town
- Malick’s Knight of Cups
- Provincetown Film Fest 2013: Complete Program
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: New Selections Add to Geographic Spread
- Johnny Depp in Disney Musical
- Reese Witherspoon and Husband Agent Arrested–Variety Reports
- L.A. Film Fest 2013: David O. Russell Guest Director
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann's Dazzling 3D Montage
- Cannes Film Fest 2013: Jane Campion to Receive Director's Award
- Griffiths, Richard: British Actor Dies at 65
- Academy of Motion Picture 2013: New Scholarships
- Muscle Shoals: Music Docu