OSCAR PREDICTIONS AND OSCAR NEWS
Oscar Movies: Conversation, The (1974)
Coppola Company Productions
Oscar Nominations: 3
Picture, produced by Francis Ford Coppola and Fred Roos
Screenplay (Original): Coppola and Mario Puzo
Sound: Walter Murch and Arthur Rochester
Oscar Awards: None
In 1974, two movies were nominated for 11 Oscars each: Coppola's “The Godfather, Part II” and Polanski's Depression-era well-crafted noir “Chinatown.” While Coppola's follow-up to the first “The Godfather,” which received the 1972 Best Picture, won the largest (6) number of awards, “Chinatown” received only one, for Original Screenplay.
The three other nominees were Coppola (again) for “The Conversation” with 3 nominations; Bob Fosse's biopicture “Lenny” with 6 nods but no wins; and the disaster-adventure flick, “The Towering Inferno,” which won 3 technical awards out of its 7 nominations.
related article 1: Oscar History: Best Directors Winners by Year and Film (1929-present).
related article 2: Conversation, The.
Leave a Reply
- Soderbergh Tribute: The Limey
- Almodovar Tribute: Women on the Verge of Nervous Breakdown
- Almodovar Tribute: Law of Desire
- Soderbergh Tribute: Out of Sight
- Almodovar Tribute: Matador
- 20 Feet from Stardom
- Almodovar Tribute: What Have I Done to Deserve It?
- Soderbergh Tribute: The Underneath
- Almodovar Tribute: Dark Habits
- Soderbergh Tribute: King of the Hill
- Man of Steel
- Almodovar Tribute: Labyrinth of Passion