Mamma Mia! Abba Score Hits the Top Spot on Album's Chart
August 14, 2008–Mamma Mia!” has made it to No. 1. Five weeks after Decca released the movie's soundtrack, the all-Abba score hit the top spot on the nation's album chart, selling 130,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan. It had been locked in at No. 3 for three weeks.
Its cumulative is now 576,000. Soundtrack has been the top-selling album on iTunes for three consecutive weeks.
Abba's “Gold,” a collection of the Swedish quartet's hits, sold 33,000 copies, making it the nation's top seller among catalog items.
“Mamma Mia!” swapped positions with Sugarland's “Love on the Inside,” which took a 47% sales dive in its second week, selling 91,000.
The top debut came from R&B singer Lloyd, whose third album “Lessons in Love” (The Inc./Universal Motown) sold 51,000 to open at No. 7.
The solo debut from country singer Heidi Newfield, “What Am I Waiting For” (Curb), sold 34,000 to saddle up at No. 10. Keith Anderson, another country singer, saw his “C'mon!” (Columbia) sell 32,000 to start at No. 12.
related article 1: Mamma Mia! The Creative Team.
related article 2: Mamma Mia! From Abba's Songs to Global Cultural Phenom.
related article 3: Mamma Mia! Narrative Structure and Musical Numbers.
Leave a Reply
- Cannes 2013: Most Popular Films Ever
- Nicole Kidman: Jury Member in 2013 Cannes Fest
- Anchorman 2 Teaser
- Fast & Furious 6: London, Glasgow, Liverpool
- Fast & Furious 6: Vehicular Warfare:
- Fast && Furious 6: Stunts
- Fast & Furious 6: The Newcomers
- Fast & Furious 6: Family Reunion
- Cannes 2013: Gunshots Heard; Christoph Waltz Rushed Off Stage
- Cannes 2013: Weinstein Presents Oscar Hopefuls
- Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy–Talk of Cannes Film Fest
- Cannes Fest 2013: Jerry Lewis Double Bill