Mark Burnett's New Game Show My Dad Is Better than Your Dad
September 26, 2007–Mark Burnett will be the gameshow guru, setting up “My Dad Is Better than Your Dad” at NBC. Mark Burnett Prods. is teaming with Reveille (“The Biggest Loser”) on the eight-episode project. The game's premise has fathers and their families facing off against other families in stunt-driven challenges.
“Dad” will be Burnett's third primetime show. In addition to “Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader,” he recently set up truth-or-consequences gameshow “Amnesia” at NBC.
“Dad” will be a joint production of Reveille, Mark Burnett Prods. and Hotchkiss Industries. Burnett said the reality show will mix family fun and kid empowerment of '5th Grader' with the concept of bragging that “my dad is the best.”
Players will compete for various prizes during each episode, with a cash amount as grand prize.
Leave a Reply
- Tony Award Nominations 2013: Kinky Boots Vs. Matilda
- London Theater Olivier Awards 2013: Nominations in All Categories
- GLAAD Awards 2013: Anderson Cooper, AIDS Docu, Smash
- Liberace Biopic: Serious Look at Gay Relationship
- Les Miserables: What You Need to Know–Context, Events
- Obama Romney Second Debate: Showdown
- Emmy Awards 2012: So-So Ratings
- Homeland: Emmy Awards Top Winner
- Elections 2012: More Americans Watch Obama than Romney
- Grammy Awards 2012: Bigger Audience than for the Oscars
- Diner: From Screen to Stage
- Sundance Institute Theatre Lab