Michael Jackson's Victory Tour Glove to be auctioned by Profiles in History
July 1, 2009- Michael Jackson's iconic illuminating white glove, adorned with crystals from his “Suit of Lights” worn on stage during The Jackson's Victory Tour will be put up for auction by Profiles in History, the top auction house in the world for selling Hollywood memorabilia. The glove, the single most iconic piece of Michael Jackson memorabilia in the world, was specially designed by Ted Shell of Ted Shell Designs in 1984 and is emblazoned with bugle beads and Austrian crystal rhinestones and fitted with 50 small lights powered by a single 9v battery placed in the cuff of the glove. The glass light bulbs were wired on separate circuits making them twinkle at random for added visual impact on stage. The glove, along with several other Michael Jackson items will be available as part of Profiles in History's next auction, set for October 2 and 3, 2009.
There were only two of the illuminating gloves made for use by Michael Jackson on The Victory Tour and Michael gifted this glove to Ted Shell in 1986. The glove is accompanied with a signed letter of authenticity by Shell as well as a signed letter by Judie Mallen of L.A. Marquee Special Lighting Effects who installed the lights in the glove for the tour.
“Michael Jackson was the undisputed King of Pop. This glove, used at the zenith of his career, is the most symbolic piece of his on-stage legacy, as he will always be remembered as the 'gloved one'-one of the greatest cultural icons of the 20th century. This glove is the ultimate piece of Jackson's performance memorabilia in the world. It is truly priceless,” said Joe Maddalena, president of Profiles in History.
Profiles in History plans to display the glove at their booth at Comic Con so fans will have the opportunity to view this iconic piece of entertainment history.
Leave a Reply
- Tony Award Nominations 2013: Kinky Boots Vs. Matilda
- London Theater Olivier Awards 2013: Nominations in All Categories
- GLAAD Awards 2013: Anderson Cooper, AIDS Docu, Smash
- Liberace Biopic: Serious Look at Gay Relationship
- Les Miserables: What You Need to Know–Context, Events
- Obama Romney Second Debate: Showdown
- Emmy Awards 2012: So-So Ratings
- Homeland: Emmy Awards Top Winner
- Elections 2012: More Americans Watch Obama than Romney
- Grammy Awards 2012: Bigger Audience than for the Oscars
- Diner: From Screen to Stage
- Sundance Institute Theatre Lab