Macdonald, Kevin: Director
Kevin Macdonald's first feature, ONE DAY IN SEPTEMBER, a searing look at the terrorist incident at the Munich Olympics, won the Oscar for Best Documentary in 2000.
Macdonald's second feature, TOUCHING THE VOID, based on the true story of a climber who fought for survi How To Podcast Like A Pro val under terrifying circumstances in the Peruvian Andes, garnered numerous awards including a BAFTA for Best British Film and the Evening Standard Award for Best British Film. It also became the highest grossing British documentary in UK box office history.
Macdonald co-edited The Faber Book Of Documentary (1997), and wrote Emeric Pressburger: The Life and Death of a Screenwriter (Faber, 1994, winner of BFI film book of the year and short-listed for the NCR non-fiction prize). His journalism has appeared in numerous publications including The Guardian, The Observer and The Telegraph.
related article 1: Last King of Scotland, The.
Leave a Reply
- Nebraska: From Alexander Payne
- Behind he Candelabra: Liberace Biopic
- Hangover Part III
- Blood Ties
- Inside Llewyn Davis: Top Coens, Cannes Highlight
- Jimmy P. (Psychotherapy of Plains Indian)
- Fast & Furious 6: Thrilling Joyride
- Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy–Talk of Cannes Film Fest
- Bling Ring, The
- Before Midnight: Hawke and Delpie at Mid-Age
- Stories We Tell
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann’s Jazzy Spectacle