Madsen, Virginia: Actress Profile
Virginia Madsen stars as Sara in the new horror film THE HAUNTING IN CONNECTICUT which is being released by Lionsgate on March 27, 2009.
Not only did she receive amazing reviews for her Academy Award and Golden Globe nominated performance in Alexander Payne’s hit film SIDEWAYS, but this Independent Spirit Award-winning actress has a long resume of roles alongside the most notable and respected actors in the business. That list keeps growing with starring roles opposite Harrison Ford in the action thriller FIREWALL, Meryl Streep and Kevin Kline in the comedic drama A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION (directed by Robert Altman), Jim Carrey in New Line’s psychological thriller THE NUMBER 23 (directed by Joel Schumacher) and Billy Bob Thornton in the satirical comedy THE ASTRONAUT FARMER. Madsen has worked in Francis Ford Coppola’s THE RAINMAKER with Matt Damon; Rob Reiner’s GHOSTS OF MISSISSIPPI with Alec Baldwin, Whoopi Goldberg and James Woods; the cult classic CANDYMAN with Kasi Lemmons; HOT SPOT, directed by Dennis Hopper; HBO’s first feature LONG GONE and David Lynch’s DUNE. Madsen’s versatility was seen in the independent film ALMOST SALINAS, opposite John Mahoney and in AMERICAN GUN, opposite Academy Award winner James Coburn.
Madsen is set to star alongside Matthew Broderick and Alan Alda in the off-beat comedy DIMINISHED CAPACITY from Plum Pictures and Forrest Whitaker in the upcoming existential drama THE RIPPLE EFFECT.
Leave a Reply
- Forrest, Steve: S.W.A.T. Star dies at 87
- Doors Co-Founder Ray Manzarek Dies at 74
- Bigas Luna: Spanish Director Dies at 67
- Jhabvala, Ruth Prawer: Oscar-Winner Dies at 85
- Romero, George: Director Profile
- Fuqua, Antoine: Director Profile
- Michael Winner: Director of Death Wish Dies at 77
- Oscar Directors: Bigelow, Kathryn
- Jodie Foster Honored with DeMille Award from Hollywood Foreign Press
- Tony Scott, Dead at 68
- Nora Ephron: Writer-Director Dies at 71
- Actor Profile: Sacha Baron Cohen