McKenna, Aline Brosh: Writer of 27 Dresses
Aline Brosh McKenna, the scribe of the new film “27 Dresses,” previously wrote the screenplay for the smash hit comedy, The Devil Wears Prada (2006), which was nominated for a Writers Guild Award, a USC Scripter Award and a BAFTA.
Her other credits include Laws of Attraction (2003) with Pierce Brosnan and Julianne Moore and Three to Tango (1999) with Matthew Perry and Neve Campbell. Features in development include Father Knows Less for New Line Cinema and adaptations of The Undomestic Goddess, by Sophie Kinsella, for Universal and I Don't Know How She Does It, by Allison Pearson, for the Weinstein Company (with The Devil Wears Prada director David Frankel attached to direct).
McKenna was born in France and raised in New Jersey. She graduated magna cum laude from Harvard University and then moved to New York where she co-wrote a book entitled A Coeds Companion. She has also written several plays and co-written numerous pilots for television. She currently lives in Los Angeles. McKenna has been a bridesmaid twice and a best man once.
related article 1: Devil Wears Prada, The.
Leave a Reply
- Nebraska: From Alexander Payne
- Behind he Candelabra: Liberace Biopic
- Hangover Part III
- Blood Ties
- Inside Llewyn Davis: Top Coens, Cannes Highlight
- Jimmy P. (Psychotherapy of Plains Indian)
- Fast & Furious 6: Thrilling Joyride
- Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy–Talk of Cannes Film Fest
- Bling Ring, The
- Before Midnight: Hawke and Delpie at Mid-Age
- Stories We Tell
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann’s Jazzy Spectacle