Moreau, David and Xavier Palud: Directors of The Eye
DAVID MOREAU AND XAVIER PALUD are the co-directors of the new horror picture “The Eye,” a remake of the Asian film.
Their debut film, the Canal Plus French language horror film ILS, screened at the Berlin Film Festival in 2006. The film thereafter screened at film festivals throughout the world, including the Edinburgh Film Festival and Cognac Film Festival. ILS was released in theatres in France in July 2007 where it was a box office smash and garnered rave reviews.
In his Film Comment review, David Cox called ILS “a lean horror machine designed to simply wring the audience dry across barely 75 minutes of almost real-time action.” He noted that “The confidence with which the first-time directing duo wield their sharp instruments recalls early Carpenter, resulting in the ultimate home-invasion nightmare FUNNY GAMES by way of ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13. Avoiding the overt nastiness of so many recent French genre offerings, this is instead a slightly show-offy master class in timing, staging, and pacing; you may catch yourself trying to peer around the edge of the screen to see where the next shock is coming from.”
Prior to directing ILS, David and Xavier worked in commercials and television in France, building an impressive resume of credits including writing, directing, and editing. The success of ILS led to their move to the United States. For their first American project, David and Xavier directed THE EYE, which stars Jessica Alba and Alessandro Nivola, for Lionsgate and Paramount Vantage.
Leave a Reply
- Forrest, Steve: S.W.A.T. Star dies at 87
- Doors Co-Founder Ray Manzarek Dies at 74
- Bigas Luna: Spanish Director Dies at 67
- Jhabvala, Ruth Prawer: Oscar-Winner Dies at 85
- Romero, George: Director Profile
- Fuqua, Antoine: Director Profile
- Michael Winner: Director of Death Wish Dies at 77
- Oscar Directors: Bigelow, Kathryn
- Jodie Foster Honored with DeMille Award from Hollywood Foreign Press
- Tony Scott, Dead at 68
- Nora Ephron: Writer-Director Dies at 71
- Actor Profile: Sacha Baron Cohen