Mouret, Emmanuel: Writer-Director-Actor Profile
Emmanuel Mouret is the writer-director-actor of SHALL WE KISS?, which is being released by Strand Releasing on March 27, 2009.
Born in 1970 and a native of Marseille, Emmanuel Mouret directed his first short film when he was 19, before heading to Paris. He started working in cinema as a production and directing assistant on various commercials, while also taking classes at the Drama School in Paris’s 10th arrondissement. With writing manuals as a guide, he threw himself into writing and entered the prestigious national film school, FEMIS, where he graduated from the Directing section in 1998. That same year, he directed the short film “Promène toi donc tout nu.” Acting in his films from his earliest shorts, he developed a recurring character that has drawn comparisons to Jean-Pierre Léaud and Woody Allen.
Leave a Reply
- Doors Co-Founder Ray Manzarek Dies at 74
- Bigas Luna: Spanish Director Dies at 67
- Jhabvala, Ruth Prawer: Oscar-Winner Dies at 85
- Romero, George: Director Profile
- Fuqua, Antoine: Director Profile
- Michael Winner: Director of Death Wish Dies at 77
- Oscar Directors: Bigelow, Kathryn
- Jodie Foster Honored with DeMille Award from Hollywood Foreign Press
- Tony Scott, Dead at 68
- Nora Ephron: Writer-Director Dies at 71
- Actor Profile: Sacha Baron Cohen
- Zac Efron: Actor Profile