Moverman, Oren: Director (The Messenger) Profile
THE MESSENGER is his first film of Oren Moverman as director.
Born in Israel, Oren moved to New York to work in film in 1988 after completing four years of military service as an infantry soldier.
He co-wrote Todd Haynes’ Bob Dylan biopic I’M NOT THERE, starring Cate Blanchett, Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Richard Gere, Michelle Williams, Julianne Moore and Charlotte Gainsbourg, a Weinstein Company release.
Oren also collaborated with Ira Sachs on MARRIED LIFE, a 2008 Sony Pictures Classics release, starring Rachel McAdams, Chris Cooper, Pierce Brosnen and Patricia Clarkson, and on THE GOODBYE PEOPLE, currently casting.
Oren penned INTERRUPTED about legendary director Nicholas Ray, for City Lights Pictures with Phillip Kaufman directing, and WILLIAM BURROUGHS’ QUEER for actor/director Steve Buscemi. Both films are currently casting for a 2009 shoot.
Oren served as screenwriter of FACE, an Indican release, starring Bai Ling, Treach and Kristy Wu. Directed by Bertha Bay-Sa Pan, FACE premiered in competition at the 2002 Sundance Film Festival.
Oren was also a screenwriter and associate producer of JESUS’ SON, a 2000 Lion’s Gate/Alliance Release. Directed by Alison Maclean, the film stars Billy Crudup, Samantha Morton, Jack Black, Holly Hunter & Dennis Hopper.
Leave a Reply
- Doors Co-Founder Ray Manzarek Dies at 74
- Bigas Luna: Spanish Director Dies at 67
- Jhabvala, Ruth Prawer: Oscar-Winner Dies at 85
- Romero, George: Director Profile
- Fuqua, Antoine: Director Profile
- Michael Winner: Director of Death Wish Dies at 77
- Oscar Directors: Bigelow, Kathryn
- Jodie Foster Honored with DeMille Award from Hollywood Foreign Press
- Tony Scott, Dead at 68
- Nora Ephron: Writer-Director Dies at 71
- Actor Profile: Sacha Baron Cohen
- Zac Efron: Actor Profile