Addam’s Family Values (1993) C
This is Barry Sonnenfeld’s sequel to the 1991 “Addams Family,” also directed by him, and with almost the same cast, except for Carol Kane (of “Hester Street” fame) who replaced Judith Malina as Granny.
In this intermittently funny, rather silly comedy, Morticia (Anjelica Huston) has a baby, and Gomez (Raul Julia) hires a nanny (Joan Cusack), who plots to lure Uncle Fester (Christopher Lloyd) into marriage so that she can get some of the family’s fortune.
Meanwhile, Wednesday (Christina Ricci) and Pugsley (Jimmy Workman) develop an intense siblings rivalry with the newest addition to the family, Pubert.
Oscar nominations: 1
Art Direction: Kent Adam, Marvin March
The Art Direction Oscar went to Allan Starski and Ewa Braun for “Schindler’s List,” directed by Spielberg, which swept most of the Oscars.
Leave a Reply
- Jimmy P. (Psychotherapy of Plains Indian)
- Fast & Furious 6: Thrilling Joyride
- Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy–Talk of Cannes Film Fest
- Bling Ring, The
- Before Midnight: Hawke and Delpie at Mid-Age
- Stories We Tell
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann’s Jazzy Spectacle
- Star Trek into Darkness: Solid Sequel
- Love Is All You Need: From Denmark Via Italy
- Kiss of the Damned: Oversexed Vampires
- Murphy’s Romance (1986): James Garner’s Only Oscar Nomination
Film reviews and Internet movie reviews by film critic Emanuel Levy. This film review database contains thousands of movie reviews on many different film genres along with profiles of your favorite movie stars and film directors. You can also find movie reviews of independent cinema shown in festivals such as the Sundance Film Festival, foreign film reviews as well as DVD reviews. Movie critic Emanuel Levy is known for his accurate Oscar predictions, so be sure to visit the Oscar News section.