Airport '77 (1977) D+
Universal (Jennings Lang Production)
The second of three sequels to Airport (1970), the trashy picture that began the disaster movie cycle, Jerry Jameson's "Airport 77" depicts a jet that sinks into the ocean, thus borrowing elements from "The Poseidon Adventure."
Like the other film, this one offers cameo roles to good and old actors, such as Jack Lemmon, Lee Grant, Brenda Vaccaro, George Kennedy, Olivia de Havilland, and even the honorable Jimmie Stewart.
Oscar Nominations: 2
Art Direction-Set Decoration: George C. Webb; Mickey S. Michaels
Costume Design; Edith Head
Oscar Award: None
George Lucas's "Star Wars" won the Art Direction and Costume Oscars.
This was the last of Edith Head's 35 Oscar nominations
Leave a Reply
- Blood Ties
- Inside Llewyn Davis: Top Coens, Cannes Highlight
- Jimmy P. (Psychotherapy of Plains Indian)
- Fast & Furious 6: Thrilling Joyride
- Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy–Talk of Cannes Film Fest
- Bling Ring, The
- Before Midnight: Hawke and Delpie at Mid-Age
- Stories We Tell
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann’s Jazzy Spectacle
- Star Trek into Darkness: Solid Sequel
- Love Is All You Need: From Denmark Via Italy
Film reviews and Internet movie reviews by film critic Emanuel Levy. This film review database contains thousands of movie reviews on many different film genres along with profiles of your favorite movie stars and film directors. You can also find movie reviews of independent cinema shown in festivals such as the Sundance Film Festival, foreign film reviews as well as DVD reviews. Movie critic Emanuel Levy is known for his accurate Oscar predictions, so be sure to visit the Oscar News section.