Alsino and the Condor (1982) B
Nicaragua (Nicaragua Film Institute production)
Miguel Littin's "Alsino and the Condor" concerns the relationship between an American pilot (Dean Stockwell) and a Nicaraguan boy who becomes a hero when joining the guerrillas fighting the Somoza regime.
Oscar Nominations: 1
Best Foreign-Language Picture
Oscar Awards: None
The winner of the Best Foreign Language Oscar was the Spanish Entry, "To Begin Again" ("Volver a Empezar") in a contest that included: "Coup de Torchon" (Clean Slate) from France, "The Flight of the Eagle" from Sweden, and "Private Life" from the USSR.
Leave a Reply
- Nebraska: From Alexander Payne
- Behind he Candelabra: Liberace Biopic
- Hangover Part III
- Blood Ties
- Inside Llewyn Davis: Top Coens, Cannes Highlight
- Jimmy P. (Psychotherapy of Plains Indian)
- Fast & Furious 6: Thrilling Joyride
- Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy–Talk of Cannes Film Fest
- Bling Ring, The
- Before Midnight: Hawke and Delpie at Mid-Age
- Stories We Tell
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann’s Jazzy Spectacle
Film reviews and Internet movie reviews by film critic Emanuel Levy. This film review database contains thousands of movie reviews on many different film genres along with profiles of your favorite movie stars and film directors. You can also find movie reviews of independent cinema shown in festivals such as the Sundance Film Festival, foreign film reviews as well as DVD reviews. Movie critic Emanuel Levy is known for his accurate Oscar predictions, so be sure to visit the Oscar News section.