Born Free (1966) B+
Set in Kenya, James Hill’s popular family film centers on game warden George Adamson and his wife Joy (Bill Travers and Virginia McKenna), who raise three orphaned lion clubs, and as they grow older, need to teach them how to survive in the wilderness on their won.
Oscar Nominations: 2
Song: “Born Free,” music by John Barry, lyrics by Don Black
Original Music Score: John Barry
Oscar Awards: 2
Original Music Score
Leave a Reply
- Almodovar Tribute: Women on the Verge of Nervous Breakdown
- Almodovar Tribute: Law of Desire
- Soderbergh Tribute: Out of Sight
- Almodovar Tribute: Matador
- 20 Feet from Stardom
- Almodovar Tribute: What Have I Done to Deserve It?
- Soderbergh Tribute: The Underneath
- Almodovar Tribute: Dark Habits
- Soderbergh Tribute: King of the Hill
- Man of Steel
- Almodovar Tribute: Labyrinth of Passion
- Soderbergh Tribute: Kafka–Sophomore Jinx
Film reviews and Internet movie reviews by film critic Emanuel Levy. This film review database contains thousands of movie reviews on many different film genres along with profiles of your favorite movie stars and film directors. You can also find movie reviews of independent cinema shown in festivals such as the Sundance Film Festival, foreign film reviews as well as DVD reviews. Movie critic Emanuel Levy is known for his accurate Oscar predictions, so be sure to visit the Oscar News section.