Canyon Passage (1946) B-
The lavishly mounted Western, “Canyon Passage,” is directed by Jacques Tourneuer, better known for his noir films.
Starring Dana Andrews and Brian Donlevy, the tale is beautifully photographed in Technicolor by Edward Cronjager.
The supporting cat includes Susan Hayward, Ward Bond, Andy Devine, and Lloyd Bridges.
Oscar Nominations: 1
Song: “Ole Buttermilk Sky,” music by Hoagy Carmichael, lyrics by Jack Brooks
Oscar Awards: None
The winner of the Best Song Oscar was “On the Atchison, Topeka and Santa fe,” by Harry Warren and Johnny Mercer from the musical “The Harvey Girls.”
Leave a Reply
- Jimmy P. (Psychotherapy of Plains Indian)
- Fast & Furious 6: Thrilling Joyride
- Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy–Talk of Cannes Film Fest
- Bling Ring, The
- Before Midnight: Hawke and Delpie at Mid-Age
- Stories We Tell
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann’s Jazzy Spectacle
- Star Trek into Darkness: Solid Sequel
- Love Is All You Need: From Denmark Via Italy
- Kiss of the Damned: Oversexed Vampires
- Murphy’s Romance (1986): James Garner’s Only Oscar Nomination
Film reviews and Internet movie reviews by film critic Emanuel Levy. This film review database contains thousands of movie reviews on many different film genres along with profiles of your favorite movie stars and film directors. You can also find movie reviews of independent cinema shown in festivals such as the Sundance Film Festival, foreign film reviews as well as DVD reviews. Movie critic Emanuel Levy is known for his accurate Oscar predictions, so be sure to visit the Oscar News section.