Cheyenne Social Club, The (1970)
There’s a sense of mutual respect and intimate camaraderie between Henry Fonda and Jimmy Stewart, the stars of “Firecreek” and “The Cheyenne Social Club,” whose real friendship goes back to their days as struggling actors and roommates..
“The Cheyenne Social Club” casts Henry Fonda and Jimmy Stewart as saddle-weary Texans who, surprised to find they have inherited a Wyoming bordello, feel honor-bound to defend it against a gun-wielding gang.
The women in the cats include Shirley Jones, Sue Ane Langdon, and Elaine Devry.
Gene Kelly, better known as dancer-choreographer-actor, directs this mix of comedy Western action. The movie is decently directed, but the narrative is overly familiar and replete with clichés.
Special DVD features
The is the first-time Widescreen home video debut for both movies.
Vintage The Cheyenne Social Club featurette, “The Good Time Girls.”
- Hangover Part III
- Blood Ties
- Inside Llewyn Davis: Top Coens, Cannes Highlight
- Jimmy P. (Psychotherapy of Plains Indian)
- Fast & Furious 6: Thrilling Joyride
- Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy–Talk of Cannes Film Fest
- Bling Ring, The
- Before Midnight: Hawke and Delpie at Mid-Age
- Stories We Tell
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann’s Jazzy Spectacle
- Star Trek into Darkness: Solid Sequel