Crash Dive B-
Archie Mayo's “Crash Dive” marked Tyrone Power’s last screen appearance before going into service. This chronicle, set in the contested North Atlantic battlefield, sees Power as a naval two-striper, a specialist in naval warfare both on and under the sea in PT boats and submarines.
Anne Baxter plays the girl in a love triangle with Power and sub captain Dana Andrews. The romantic subplot is weak and boring, but the action sequences and Technicolor cinematography are good. Multiple Oscar-nominee, Fred Sersen, an expert on ocean seas, received the award for Special Effects.
The secondary cast includes James Gleason, May Whitty, and Harry Morgan.
Oscar Nomination: 1
Special Effects: Fred Sersen (image), Roger Heman (sound)
Oscar Awards: 1
Dame May Whitty
Produced by Milton Sperling.
Directed by Archie Mayo.
Screenplay by Jo Swerling.
Based on an original story by W.R. Burnett, based on a story by Horace McCoy.
Leave a Reply
- Jimmy P.
- Fast & Furious 6: Vehicular Warfare:
- Fast & Furious 6: The Newcomers
- Fast & Furious 6: Thrilling Joyride
- Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy–Talk of Cannes Film Fest
- Bling Ring, The
- Before Midnight: Hawke and Delpie at Mid-Age
- Stories We Tell
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann’s Jazzy Spectacle
- Star Trek into Darkness: Solid Sequel
- Love Is All You Need: From Denmark Via Italy