Memory Thief, The B-
Laemmle Theatres and Seventh Art Releasing present “The Memory Thief,” the aptly titled story of Lukas (Mark Webber), an aimless, young man in contemporary L.A. who buries thoughts of his own past in the humdrum routine of a tollbooth clerk.
Things change when a chance encounter with a Holocaust survivor suddenly brings into focus a world and an identity he embraces with frightening intensity–the victimized Jews of World War II. As Lukas, a non-Jew, begins to enthusiastically act out his newfound obsession, he discovers that survivor's guilt isn't just for the Jews anymore.
“The Meory Thief,” starring Mark Webber (Todd Solondz's “Storytelling”), is an audacious psychological thriller in the tradition of “Taxi Driver.” Thematically, the film also recalls Joseph Losey's Holocaust-identity drama, “Mr. Klein,” with Alain Delon.
Rachel Miner (“The Black Dahlia”) and Jerry Adler (“The Sopranos”) co-star.
The exclusive Los Angeles engagement will begin on Friday, May 30, at the Music Hall in Beverly Hills.
Running Time: 92 Minutes. The movie is Unrated.
Leave a Reply
- Jimmy P. (Psychotherapy of Plains Indian)
- Fast & Furious 6: Thrilling Joyride
- Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy–Talk of Cannes Film Fest
- Bling Ring, The
- Before Midnight: Hawke and Delpie at Mid-Age
- Stories We Tell
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann’s Jazzy Spectacle
- Star Trek into Darkness: Solid Sequel
- Love Is All You Need: From Denmark Via Italy
- Kiss of the Damned: Oversexed Vampires
- Murphy’s Romance (1986): James Garner’s Only Oscar Nomination