Oscar Movies: All-American Co-Ed (1941) B-
Set at a women’s college, this pale imitation of the famous and better comedy, “Charley’s Aunt,” concerns a male student who enters a beauty context in a women’s college to get even after being snubbed.
Oscar Nominations: 2
Song: Out of the Silence, music and lyrics by Lloyd B. Norlind.
Scoring of a Musical Picture: Edward Ward
Oscar Awards: None
The winner of the Best Song Oscar was “The Last Time I Saw Paris,” by Jerome Kern and Oscar Hammerstein II, from the movie “Lady Be Good.”
Frank Churchill and Oliver Wallace won the Scoring Oscar for “Dumbo.”
Leave a Reply
- Jimmy P.
- Fast & Furious 6: Vehicular Warfare:
- Fast & Furious 6: The Newcomers
- Fast & Furious 6: Thrilling Joyride
- Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy–Talk of Cannes Film Fest
- Bling Ring, The
- Before Midnight: Hawke and Delpie at Mid-Age
- Stories We Tell
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann’s Jazzy Spectacle
- Star Trek into Darkness: Solid Sequel
- Love Is All You Need: From Denmark Via Italy