Point Break B
“Point Break” is a visually delirious but intellectually frustrating thriller about a band of Zen-spouting surfers.
Similarly to her strategy in the policier thrille “Blue Steel,” Kathryn Bigelow imposes technical virtuosity on a routine story, the peculiar complicity between a law officer (Keanu Reeves) and a seductive criminal (Patrick Swayze).
“Point Break” reaffirms Bigelow's talent as a director of fast-paced, high-adrenaline actioners, burdened with absurd narratives and less than credible dialogue.
Leave a Reply
- Jimmy P. (Psychotherapy of Plains Indian)
- Fast & Furious 6: Thrilling Joyride
- Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy–Talk of Cannes Film Fest
- Bling Ring, The
- Before Midnight: Hawke and Delpie at Mid-Age
- Stories We Tell
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann’s Jazzy Spectacle
- Star Trek into Darkness: Solid Sequel
- Love Is All You Need: From Denmark Via Italy
- Kiss of the Damned: Oversexed Vampires
- Murphy’s Romance (1986): James Garner’s Only Oscar Nomination