Qivitoq (1956) B
In the first year of the foreign-language Oscar category, the five nominees were: Fellini's “La Strada” from Italy, which won, “The Captain of Kopenick,” from the Federal Republic of Germany, “Gervais” from France, “Harp of Burma” from Japan, and “Qivitoq,” from Denmark.
Celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of Nordisk, Erik Balling's Qivitoq is a cultural collision saga about the Danes and Eskimos in Greenland.
Leave a Reply
- Behind he Candelabra: Liberace Biopic
- Hangover Part III
- Blood Ties
- Inside Llewyn Davis: Top Coens, Cannes Highlight
- Jimmy P. (Psychotherapy of Plains Indian)
- Fast & Furious 6: Thrilling Joyride
- Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy–Talk of Cannes Film Fest
- Bling Ring, The
- Before Midnight: Hawke and Delpie at Mid-Age
- Stories We Tell
- Great Gatsby: Luhrmann’s Jazzy Spectacle